Roast Leg of Somerset Lamb with Ratatouille, Courgette and Fine Green Beans
1 leg of lamb
500g fine beans
1 baby courgette and flower
2 large banana shallots
1 of each pepper
6 plum tomatoes
1 head garlic
salt and pepper
200ml chicken stock
- Tie leg of lamb and sear in pan, then place in preheated, 180° oven for 60 minutes.
- Finely dice the aubergine, courgette and peppers.
- Dice up 1 of the shallots and sweat down in a frying pan.
- Add the peppers, then the courgette and, 30 seconds later, the aubergine.
- Season well and leave in a colander to drain.
- Roughly chop the tomatoes and other shallot, sweat down in a pan with a clove of chopped garlic.
- Add the chicken stock and leave to simmer for 20 minutes, then blend sauce making sure its quite thick. Mix in a bowl with courgette, aubergine and peppers.
- Boil a small pan of water, seasoned with salt.
- Top and tail the fine beans, and add to water for 3 minutes, then straight out of the water into iced water to refresh. To reheat add butter to pan, pop in the beans and heat for 1 minute.
- Blow the courgette flower to open up and pinch out the middle. Remove the fingers around the outside and then stuff with the ratatouille mix.
- Cut the baby courgette off the bottom of the flower and roast off in a hot pan along with the flower, keep turning the flower.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.